I’ve decided to increase my reading to help me with my writing. I’m going to attempt a book a week. Here are some of the books and series that I have in mind:
- It by Stephen King
- Pet Sematary by Stephen King
- All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
- American Gods series by Neil Gaiman
- The Way Of Kings series by Brandon Sanderson
- His Dark Materials series by Philip Pullman
- The Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher
That should be enough to occupy me for a good bit. In the meantime I’m building a very long list.
This Christmas season has been great. Last week was mostly about exchanging presents and spending time with family. This week looks to be mostly about resting up.
During this time I’ve been thinking about what I’m going to do next year, and I’ve decided I’m going to go for writing a book again. Last time I tried writing under a pen name, so I’m not sure if I’m going to try that again or not. It seems like a lot of effort. This will be the big dream this year. I’ve been looking to write one for years and if I don’t do it now I don’t know if I ever will.